HCP is made up of a management committee, subcommittees, an advisory board and our members. We have been very lucky to have had such a high quality of volunteers from a range of backgrounds — including academics, development workers, former politicians, journalists, and small business operators.
John Humphreys — President & Executive Director
Cass Wilkinson — Vice President (Australia)
Morten Daugbjerg – Vice President (Cambodia)
Rachel Connor — Secretary
The Hon Paul McLeay — Treasurer
Dr Aleks Atrens
Dr Parvinder Kler
Cambodian ex-officio members:
Muon Veasna — UME (Kampong Cham)
Kim Peseth — UME (Battambang)
HCP currently has three active subcommittees, plus the President’s committee.
- Admin – responsible for meetings, registration & legal, membership, website & communication, documents & logo, and university groups. We aim to have a membership manager in each state, responsible for signing up new members.
Current volunteers: Rachel Connor (chair), Dr Aleks Atrens, Dr Peter Rohde, Dr Ben O’Neill, Gabby Ward
- Finance – responsible for keeping financial records, donations and fundraising. We aim to have at least one fundraising manager per state, in charge of finding new donors and raising money.
Current volunteers: Paul Mcleay (chair), Justin Campbell, Dr Joseph Clark, Cass Wilkinson, Linsay Humphreys, Andrew Kirby
- Operations – managing HCP students, graduates, alumni, and communicating with Cambodian staff and interns.
Current volunteers: Morten Daugbjerg (chair), Alex Willemyns, Nye Griffiths, Sok Panha, Phorn Bopha, Carl Curran
- President’s committee — represents and promotes HCP to the public, includes HCP ambassadors.
Current volunteers: John Humphreys (chair), Prof Jason Potts, Dr Joseph Clark, Marta Fergusson, Peter Gregory
If you would like to volunteer for a position on a HCP subcommittee, please contact us.
Willem Paling (Sydney)
Kong Pov (Phnom Penh)
Hong Keasar (Siem Reap)
Srun Sarak (Kampong Cham)
Phann Sophon (Battambang)
Members & supporters
HCP has several levels of membership:
* HCP supporter — receive occasional updates and show your support (Sign up here)
* HCP associate member — contribute at least $20 per year (Sign up here)
* HCP full member — invited after at least two years of active involvement & contribute at least $100 per year
* HCP ambassador — a member who has sponsored a student ($300/year for four years) and visited HCP universities in Cambodia
For other ways to help HCP, see “get involved“.